a summery taste of Italy
I have been having major cravings for tomatoes recently!!! Every time I get on Pinterest I see 5 new tomato recipes I need to try. Unfortunately for me, my husband had a bad experience with tomatoes several years ago (chunky tomato tacos + a few rounds of the tilt a whirl = no more tomatoes). And although he’s been begging me to go and get some tomatoes for myself, I just don’t dig when we can’t both enjoy something I’ve made.
I saw an avocado caprese salad recipe on Pinterest that looked to die for (here is the link) and since Neal is away this week I knew my time had come. ‘Cause a girl needs some consolation when she can’t snuggle her love :/ (more…)
Amazon Prime is an amazing program and it has saved our family loads of money!!! Especially on diapers, I’ll explain that below but I wanted to let you know a few reasons you ought to sign up tonight!
- Prime day begins TONIGHT – Prime day is much like black friday only you don’t have to get trampled or flipped off in order to get the deal you want. You just have to get on Amazon’s website and sign up.
- Your first month is free – um, let me repeat that. Your first month is free (sign up here) so an incredibly intelligent thing to do would be to sign up right now. Get any of the Prime Day deals you want and then cancel your subscription before you have to start paying for it (that is if you don’t want to continue to receive the awesome benefits :).
- Free shipping is the best – Any Item that has the Prime checkmark on it means that you get free shipping and lots of the time it is next day delivery. Go sign up now!
- You can save over $200 a year on diapers – amazon has an amazing family program that can give you up to 20% off of diapers (which are already way cheaper than diapers at the store). I would explain it but I feel like this gal does an amazing job at explaining it so I’ll just link to her website, click here.
- Amazon Video is actually pretty good – They also have ton of movies, TV shows, and kindle books that you get free access to if you are an Amazon Prime member.
There you go,
SIGN UP RIGHT HERE –> Prime Day 2017 – 30 Hours of Deals <–
Heads up: This post contains associate links to Amazon. If you sign up, Amazon might pay me a tiny commission 🙂 but it won’t cost you any more than usual.
And just so you know, I will only ever promote products that I use and love. That’s the Noob Promise of Integrity!
and How to Begin Improving It
What is the #1 reason for divorce? Based on a study done in 2013, 65% of divorces reported “communication problems” to be the reason for their divorce. 65% peeps!! Let’s let that sink in for a second. So if you would like to safeguard your marriage you better start practicing because this is an incredibly important skill!
“The key to positive communication is found in knowing and being known.”
So what is great communication? Great communication is understanding and feeling understood. Think of some of your friends, the ones that really rejuvenate you and make you want to be around them. They are most likely good communicators. They understand you, they make you feel heard, they discuss things with you, they pay attention when you are talking to them and they don’t interrupt.
We like friends like this (are you a friend like this?). (more…)
As you all know, we eat a lot of rice and chicken and that’s a combo that can get boring pretty quick if you don’t learn how to change it up!
I’m always on the lookout for new recipes and I once stumbled upon a coconut curry recipe that had some kale with it. The picture looked incredible and the combo sounded delicious, so I decided to make it!!! That is, until I looked at the instructions. 50 steps long, a ton of ingredients, and it took over an hour to make. #nope! It sounded amazing but ain’t nobody got time make something like that!!! Soooo, I improvised and decided to make my own version!
One pan, five ingredients (plus some oil and spices), 30 minutes to make and voila! You’ve got a delicious dish impressive enough to knock your mother-in-law’s socks off! *BOOM* (more…)
I’m so excited to debut my first inspiring woman story! I will do this kind of post once a month interviewing and highlighting a woman I admire.
Motherhood is a strenuous journey! One that takes adjustment for most. It is physically, emotionally, and mentally challenging to know that someone else’s well being is (almost) entirely dependent on you and every mom feels (at times) overwhelmed by the task.
It’s common after the birth to retreat inside ourselves and stop doing those things that brought us joy before our children were born. From my observations the moms who are healthiest (mentally and physically) and happiest are those that have found balance in continuing to develop interests and talents along with tackling the challenges and joys of motherhood.
Today, I am sharing an interview with Natalie Marsden of Little Lady Bow Co. She owns an Etsy business and hand-makes adorable and comfy bows for little girls (and bow ties for little gents too). When I think of Natalie, I feel accepted and I smile. She is such an example to me of resilience and positivity! I met Natalie in high school and have always been impressed with her vitality for life! I am sharing her journey from being a new mom to a small business owner and all of the tears and discovery that led up to it.
Well Hello there! I guess I better introduce myself. My name is Aubrea and I'm the Noob. I am constantly striving to learn and try new things and the Noob is my space to share everything I’m learning and trying. It also gives me the opportunity to learn from you (which I am particularly jazzed about)! Let's be friends!